Friday, July 11, 2008

July 10 and 11 Dunedin South Island, New Zealand

July 10 Tony took me to the airport at 6am for my flight to Dunedin. Although it was a gorgeous morning a bit of fog was on the Dunedin runway and after 3 unsuccessful attempts to land, we went to Invercargill where buses took us on the 3-hour trip to Dunedin.

A cab took me to Otago Polytechnic where I met with Sam and Lesley and then met the School CEO. We went to a talk on the Orokonui Ecosanctuary. Then supper at the Speight's Ale House restaurant.
View from "my" room
The room I stayed in overlooking rugby stadium
July 11 We spent the rather grey morning working on the SIGCSE website.

The day cleared and we found a geocache very near Lesley and Sam's house on a little track.

We went to the Otago Museum for lunch and a quick look round.

Then we headed to the Otago Peninsula for spectacular scenery.

Back home we heard the grand preparations for the All-Black Spring Boks rugby match that was to be held across the motorway.

See the photos

No comments: