Thursday, January 28, 2010

Winter Trips

So many trips and so few posts! Catching up -- Christmas Day we converged on my brother in Steamboat Springs, CO.


From Christmas 2009

We were fortunate to house sit in a beautiful place, and then enjoyed tons of family time -- most dinners included about 24 relatives.

Elk (on way to Strawberry Park),geocaching,Chloe sledding,x-country(Jim, Keller, Marty, Rob),more sledding, Suze,Phil

We got home on the night of December 30 and at 5 am on December 31, I began the drive to the Georgia cabin for New Year's Eve with Gwyneth, Rob and the girls.

We had our standard brownie and champagne celebration with very sleepy people and then opened gifts the next day.


`We had a great day trip to North Carolina to the John Campbell Folk School and the Kelischek Musical Instrument Craft Shop.



A beautiful snow storm in the Southeast kept me in Georgia longer than I would have liked, but it was lovely to look at and fun to play in!


I finished my first week of classes at Southwestern and immediately boarded a plane for Atlanta where I was met by Gwyneth and the girls. We took off for a 7 hour drive to Myrtle Beach and a destination belated birthday party for Camille at MagiQuest. We had a beautiful hotel room on the ocean and a great time.


Plus I got to visit with my friends from Peekskill--Bill and Ellie, who now live in North Carolina near Myrtle Beach.

I am now preparing for a three day trip to Marina del Rey, California. Thankfully Phil holds down the fort and cares for the cats!

No comments: