Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Monday June 30 Madrid

First actual day of the conference. Wendy Hall's keynote was fantastic. I did lots of SIGCSE stuff and worked some on the project. Videoed John Impagliazzo and helped Liz with the audio to prepare to do an interview.

Madrid Civic reception at the Julio Rodriguez Garden involved walking forever in the Park that Daniel Castro had taken Phil and me to two years ago, though I didn't realize it was the same park since I didn't see the pond nor the crystal palace this time. It was a real lesson in culture -- one doesn't get any drink or food until the dignitary comes and everyone should be there when he comes. So our time for the reception was a half hour before the reception started! I had to give a thank you to the city official and I tried to do part in Spanish. Needless to say, it was a hoot!

No comments: