Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Barb's Trip to India Day 3

Wednesday February 12, Gurgaon and New Delhi
We took Amardeep into work and then Sant Lal took me shopping at Dilli Haat, where Sant Lal bargained for he things I was interested in.  Dilli Haat is a market where the vendors rotate and has fairly low prices.  After we finished shopping, we headed to Amardeep’s office at BML Munjal University in Saket where I made a presentation to the founder, Ashkay Munjal , Babi Mitra from MIT, Davinder Singh who used to be with Coca Cola, Vinayak Kalluri.  I used my slides and handouts that Amardeep had prepared on ABET and her department’s curriculum to compare and contrast with Curriculum 2013 and previous IEE/ACM versions.  Afterwards we went to Hauz Khas for dinner at a south Indian restaurant NAIVEDYAM.  I had a tea called rasam and dosa, large rice paper roll with sauces.  I also had coconut water in the coconut!  There was a family eating near us and Amardeep pointed out that the maid didn’t have food – she just was there to supervise the kids.

No comments: