Friday, April 22, 2011

Auckland to Queenstown Day 5

Up early to shower and pack. Alison made hot cross buns for breakfast.
IMG_0984
IMG_0986

They took us to the airport on the way to pick up Noah and Satine and visit Alison’s dad. I could not believe security 00 they didn’t even check our ids! We easily got a shuttle to the hotel (the Copthorne Lakefront Resort) and checked in.
IMG_2997
We walked downtown and wandered through the shops and by the waterfront.
We walked up to the place where the gondola took off as well as the kiwi park. Instead we chose to walk through the cemetery.
IMG_3004
IMG_3000
Then back downtown where we got me a cap to replace the UT hat I lost; then to a grocery for wine and food except we couldn’t buy wine on Good Friday so we went back to the hotel and used the wines in the mini bar. I did a quick wash of my clothes and then to bed at an embarrassingly early hour.

No comments: