Friday, July 17, 2009

France 2009 July 17 Nice


Suze and I went to Cimiez on the bus. It is the rich part of town, up on a hill. First we went to the Matisse Museum (free entrance) a villa on the grounds of the Roman ruins. There was a good Rodin/Matisse exhibit. Each had taught the other his craft. Then we walked down to the Chagall museum, This one cost big bucks (9.50 each). It was a grey day, so a good choice of things to do. We took the bus back. Suze and I had sandwiches at the apartment. I bought the wrong book for Gwyneth at the museum, but I did buy a book mark I liked – turns out it was the paper cut out that is on the exit wall of the museum.. Gwyneth and the girls went to see Harry Potter in English and Suze and I went souvenir shopping. We walked a lot and it was hot and frustrating.

Back at the apartment Suze and I went to the beach. The sun was out for quite a while and we swam and then lay on the stony beach. Some guys caught two jelly fish in the water. We decided not to go back in the water. Wonder why?

Gwyneth and the kids came back from the movie and their pizza lunch just as Suze and I got back from the beach.

Suze and I went out to eat in old town. Took us a while for me to find a restaurant I liked. We shared a Nicoise appetizer and a bream fish main course. The waiter talked me out of adding polenta to the mix.

I bought bubbly and Suze bought cookies at the gourmet chocolate shop to celebrate her birthday with everyone before packing.

No comments: